At BHB Printing we are committed to managing environmental matters as an integral part of our business planning
and decision making processes. Our commitment extends to our manufacturing facilities, our surrounding
environment and our ability to contribute to the greater environment in which our products and operations extend.
BHB Printing will endeavor to comply with all applicable environmental legislation standards, industry codes of
practice and procedures that we subscribe to. We strive for continuous improvement through the development
of specific programs to address the environmental impacts and costs of our activities products and services and will achieve this by:
- Developing and maintaining an EMS that enables us to set and review environmental objectives and targets
- Management of environmental systems will be adequately resourced, and staff hired and trained wherever necessary to ensure compliance
- We commit to prevention of pollution, focusing on minimizing release of contaminants into the environment and the efficient use of raw materials to conserve natural resources
- We will communicate our commitment to environmental quality to our employees, suppliers and customers.
BHB Printing Pty Ltd Environmental Policy
BHB Printing, with the assistance of Printing Industries, are implementing and promoting environmentally sound printing practices by achieving independent certification and accreditation at Level 2 of Sustainable Green Print. By recommending recycled papers, soya based inks and reducing our own waste (from paper to energy) we aim to reduce our environmental footprint. We have identified our main environmental impacts as being those related to waste and recycling, energy consumption and potential emissions incidents. Through this system and its objectives and targets we aim to continually improve these business aspects.
BHB Printing will comply with the applicable environmental legislation standards, industry codes of practice and procedures that we subscribe to. Continual improvement will be ensured by implementing environmental policies and procedures to address the environmental costs and impacts of our business. We will achieve this by:
- Developing and maintaining an Environmental Management System (EMS) that will enable us to set and review environmental objectives. We will produce documentation whilst monitoring our overall environmental performance.
- Managing environmental systems with adequate resources, staff and external suppliers and contractors that have undergone adequate training where necessary to ensure policy compliance.
- Committing to the prevention of pollution, focusing on minimising the release of contaminants into the environment and the efficient use of raw materials to conserve natural resources.
- Disposing of all unrecyclable waste in a manner that complies with local laws and policies whilst being environmentally friendly where possible.
- Communicating our commitment to environmental quality and performance to our employees, vendors, customers, and external stakeholders.
To continue our environmental efforts we will ensure the following implementations are sustained:
- Working towards an overall increase in recycled matter to the point where all recyclable waste is recycled and not directed to landfill
- Recommendation of recycled paper products to clients.
- Minimising amounts of non-recyclable liquids requiring treatment.
- Recycling of contaminated rags.
- Recycling of all plates and aluminium.
Management at all levels of BHB Printing is responsible for ensuring that this policy is communicated and adhered to by all employees and subcontractors, and that it is made available to interested members of the public.
BHB Printing Pty Ltd is currently pursuing the following initiatives in support of our EMS
- Energy Efficiency: BHB Printing Pty Ltd has invested in power factor correction technology. We have also installed timers on various pieces of equipment that need not be left turned on. We have installed compressed air lines through the factory that has eliminated a number of compressors out of our production environment. These measures have helped us to reduce our power consumption by 16.5% over the past three years.
- Water Efficiency: BHB Printing Pty Ltd has utilised a chemistry free computer to plate pre-press environment since 2013. This technology not only provides a higher quality print reproduction but also has reduced our consumption of harsh chemistry and cleaning solution as well. This change has seen us using 60% less water than we were using with our previous production methods.
- Waste Management: In the last 12 months alone BHB Printing Pty Ltd has been able to achieve a 50% reduction in the volume of waste that we generate to land fill. This has been achieved by increased use of recycling in our operations. As an example we have been able to separate and recycle all plastic waste from our facility. We typically recycle all of the following materials.
- Aluminium cans.
- Aluminium printing plates.
- Metal ink tins.
- Rubber blankets from presses.
- Plastic wrap, shrink wrap, pallet wrappers.
- Paper and board from our operations.
- Office waste paper is shredded and recycled.
- Rubber compound from printing press rollers.